Monday, April 26, 2010

First training ride complete!

Writer: Jesse
Training miles: 40

Training Day 1: Rain, kinda cold, felt extremely hard core. There are a few things I learned from the first day of "real" training...I've got a long way to go. We pretty much have 5 months until we start and I have to get to a point where i'm riding over 100 miles every day. The challenge is exciting but that excitement dwindles when you hit a hill and you are out of breath and it feels like you are going to fall over because you are going so slow. At one point i thought to myself it would be much better just to get off the bike and run up the hill, it would be faster. What's also bad is as I'm going up these hills and gasping for air my friend Tony is having a nice conversation which ends up being a 1 person conversation because i can't find the oxygen to suffice my burning legs and lungs. Anyway, looking forward to training and getting in form.

T minus: 154days!

1 comment: